Additional steps are required for installation of MAGNETO systems, Inductive Pickups, Axle Sensors, Tach Amplifiers, and
Analog sensors and converters.
- Select mounting location(s) for Control box and switch panel or remote switches.
- Attach switch panel or remote switches, within reach of the driver.
- Secure the Tach-MateTM control box within reach of wiring and switches.
- Connect wiring harness as follows:
||12 volt power
||(will run on 9.6 - 18 volts, 12 volts recommended)
||For best results, ground to battery or chassis
|Typically, the existing connection from engine/coil to tach is disconnected and the
YELLOW from signal into Tach-MateTM replaces one side, with the GREEN from Tach-MateTM
to the tach replacing the other side.
|AXLE SENSOR INPUT
||Connect to WHITE wire of Tach-MateTM axle sensor cable
|LAP TIMER INPUT
||Connect to signal wire of external lap timing receiver.
- Secure the 6-pin wiring harness connector into the 6-pin receptacle (right side of control box).
- Secure the 8-pin switch connector into the 8-pin receptacle (left side of the control box).
- Apply power to Tach-MateTM and the tachometer.
- Run SELF-TEST to confirm correct wiring. DO NOT START ENGINE AT THIS TIME!!