The Tach-MateTM box sends very accurate computer signals for self-test. Any variation in the reading on your tach from those
stated below reveal the inherent error in your tach.
Nothing can be done to correct this error or "calibrate" your tach, but you can adjust your reactions to the revs displayed by your tach.
- CLICK and HOLD the HIGH RPM switch
CLICK and RELEASE the RESET switch
After the tachometer displays 1000 RPM, RELEASE the HIGH RPM
Each Step will cause the tach to increment by 1000 RPM.
- CLICK and RELEASE the REPLAY switch.
- Move the speed selector switch to SLOW
- Move the speed selector switch to NORMAL
- Move the speed selector switch to FAST
- CLICK and RELEASE the HIGH RPM switch
- WAIT and WATCH the tach as the memory is verified ... there will be another 1000-2000 RPM increment.
- Click and release the RESET switch to exit Self-test mode.
- Click and release the RESET switch a second time before beginning any other Tach-MateTM function.